View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2013, 23.14:46   #132-0 (permalink)
jacthelad
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express:1392451
So how does a midwesterner from Ohio find his way to RP and Wrexham FC?

It all began over a year ago I was sitting at work and having one of those days. I pulled up BBC 5 (via application on my cell phone) and there was an upcoming game in the FA Cup. Still relatively new to the ins and outs of English football, the things that I kept hearing was league team (Brighton) vs. non-league (Wrexham), Wrexham had a caretaker manager (Andy Morrell), the game had been postponed due to a frozen pitch, and Brighton was in the league but not the premier league.

I paid attention to the game intermittently until Morrell hit his thunderbolt and even though a speaker of the phone you could hear this roar from the crowd. And the more the game went on, the less work got done and the more I paid attention to the game.

Of course the game ended 1-1 and I listened to the shootout on the drive home from work and was disappointed when Brighton advanced. From there, I kept up with how Wrexham was doing for the rest of the season, saw how Fleetwood surged ahead in the second half of the season, and read about the loss to Luton in the playoffs.

This season, I kept closer watch on the team and found RP late last year- just in time for the January transfer period. And I've been lurking ever since.

This week, I sent out the membership info and check to the WST so I guess I'm now a fan. Three games to promotion.
Fair play. Amazing how a game of football can pull you in.