View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 12.46:09   #134-0 (permalink)
Steve8459
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: anywhere
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to RP. I left my home town of Wrexham in 1975, and have lived in various places since. Now living in the East of England, I am going to Wembley with some of my family, whop have continued to follow Wrexham, attending many more games than I have been able to.
My first game was back in the 60's v Luton Town. I think we won!

Jimmy Hill's Coventry City, and we've obviously had a few ups and downs since then!

My favourite ever player is Arfon Griffiths, but have fond memories of Bobby Shinton, Eddie May, Billy Ashcroft, Mel Sutton and Joey Jones

Too many memorable games, and European matches, but the trip to Burnley on a Crosville double decker bus was a real adventure for me! It took us what seemed like several hours to get there. The disappointment of losing to a deflected OG was dreadful.

I remember us going head-to-head with some big clubs like Anderlecht, Roma, Hadjuk Split, and who could forget the Mickey Thomas-inspired win against Arsenal! I think we were bottom of the old fourth division at the time, whilst arsenal were top of the first?

I'm a member of the Trust, and proud to support this great club.