View Single Post
Old 17th June 2013, 15.28:00   #139-0 (permalink)
WrexhamUSA
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand.
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Hi there. I'm new to RP but old to Wrexham FC. Having lived in the USA for over 10 years now I'm finally coming back to the UK in time for the new season to start. First thing on my agenda is to get a season ticket and join the WST. I've spent those years listening to the commentary on the internet and wishing I was at the ground each time.

I was born in Wrexham and have been a fan since my Dad started taking me to the Racecourse when I was 7. I was there when we won the Division 3 championship and when we beat Arsenal in the Cup. I suffered through our times when we were bottom of the league and only stayed up because the team coming up didn't have a good enough ground. I was in the US when we went out of the league. It broke my heart. Hopefully I'll see my team gain its rightful place again this season.

I cheered my heros. Bobby Shinton, Dai Davis, Mel Sutton, Les Cartwright, Joey, Mickey, Karl Connolly, Steve Watkin, Gary Bennett and so many more.

There are new heros now. The fans who kept the club alive, the Trust who are clearing our debt and setting us on the right financial footing, Andy Morrell & Billy Barr who are developing into as strong a management unit as there is at our level and, of course, the players in the squad today.

While I've been waiting for my membership to be activated I've read a lot of the back and forth comments about who we should buy, how we should use our young talent and why isn't something happening quicker.

I know that I don't have the answers by any stretch of the imagination. I believe that we'll go into next season with the strongest squad we can build. New faces will come in for a price the club can afford. Not everyone on here will be happy. God forbid that ever happens. It wouldn't be football if everyone was happy One thing I do know is that I'll be supporting the team whether I agree or disagree with the decisions made because this is my club and I'm Wrexham 'til I die.

Come on you Reds!!!!