Thread: WST AGM Notice
View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017, 16.37:20   #10-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST AGM Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
I understand that the club board members are selected by the WST board, who in turn have been elected by the overall membership. That being the case it is so important that members take this election seriously. It will be interesting to see the turnout.

A few years ago membership of the WST board was time limited but that has since been scrapped.

I feel that there it is good to have a steady turnover of members on both the WST management board and club board. Such a system provided the club with a sensible mix of new faces / shared experiences and stability. What do others think?
A lot depends on the skills that the WST board members have.
I think you would be hard pressed to replace someone like Mark (as an example) who once again gave a superb presentation of the financial position last Monday.
It's not that easy to find right minded people to give their time and effort FOC.
The present board appear to have learned from past mistakes. Changing the faces on the board might be counterproductive.
Anyway it's down to the membership as these WAFC board members need to be re-elected by the membership.