View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 06.24:11   #66-0 (permalink)
Gaz Wxm
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.
Twitter: @

Default Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

i don't buy into this "his confidence is shot because of all the comments on here every week". He currently isn't good enough it is clear to any one watching him and should be obvious when he reflects on his own performances. He is a young lad and a credit to himself and his family the way he conducts himself. He puts in lots of effort and passion but his skill level has not improved over the last two years. I don't think giving him the captains armband at a time when he should be concentrating on his own game has helped.
If Robbie had not been a local lad,(and we all want the local lads to do well) he would have had far more stick on here for his performances. We are not in a position where we can carry passengers or be sentimental. if the rumoured move to Tamworth is true and comes off a change of scenery, coaching style and less pressure can only help improve his game.
I would only give him a contract if he was out on a season long loan and cost the club nothing in wages then assess him when he is injury free, otherwise thanks Robbie and good luck.