View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 08.08:16   #72-0 (permalink)
noisy1
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

It's a shame to say but the time has come to let him go. He is too injury prone and should have had the operation sooner, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if it isn't right then don't struggle on.
The captaincy came too soon for Robbie and would only have put more pressure on him to play through the pain barrier.
A great ambassador for the club off the pitch but have to agree that he is going backwards.

As for the confidence issues, if true, then as a professional sportsman he should learn to not bother with fans forums and the like, if you go seeking adulation then you have to be prepared for the criticism in whatever form as it will always be there. You can't and won't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

I would also be wary of depression, I would think there could be an element of that to contend with, as a full time professional footballer, all he would want to be doing is getting on that pitch and giving his all for his hometown club. With injury preventing him from doing that so often this season, it must have affected him.

I wish Robbie well wherever he starts next season and hope he has an injury free season in which he can continue to make progress once more.