Thread: WST AGM Notice
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2017, 10.00:15   #46-0 (permalink)
Old Paddock Man
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
I make that 5 Board members from 2011. Spencer Harris, John Mills, Gavin Jones , Pete Jones and Mark Williams. They are , without doubt, the most influential and powerful people in our movement. Not a criticism but an illustration that not much has changed at the top in 6 years.
Although Peter Jones isn't on the club board. I think the point is that the four who are have been reapponted a number of times by the Trust board (the members representatives)
which regularly changes. And most of them are up for election this time so if people are unhappy they can make their voices heard. Those individuals now have 6 hard earned years experience of running the business. Including learning from mistakes one hopes. My perception is that recent changes to the club board ,not criticising those who left at all, has resulted in a generally more positive environment for everyone. My concern is succession planning and corporate memory. What happens if/when they step down. Football must be a unique business especially financially. Particularly with our model.
Posted via mobile theme