View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2017, 12.48:43   #12-0 (permalink)
eastsussexred
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: European Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
This has the potential to be an amazing thread if you can collate everyones memories.

My most distinct are going to the Anderlecht, Porto and Roma home games.

The lads who made it overseas will have some amazing stories to share.

The Anderlecht home game is still my greatest ever memory of supporting Wrexham. When Stuart Lee scored the ground erupted. We were also just enterting into our club period of sexy football, with our all red adidas strip. The first time we had worn adidas. And all red. The pitch was muddy, Billy Ashcroft was a colossus that night. Anderlecht made an offer to Wrexham buy him after that match and they had 2 world cup winners in their squad.

World cup winner Bruno Conti wearing black tights for Roma and standing on the wing freezing his nuts off at the Cae Ras was also another fine memory!
That Anderlecht home game was a special night, apart from the result. I remember catching the train home and then watching it all again on BBC sports night. The all red strip was special, but I thought our all white adidas strip was the best of all time, and hope that in time the club will release a replica of our first ever club strip, which was also all white

Last edited by eastsussexred; 2nd June 2017 at 12.51:45..