View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2017, 21.57:00   #21-0 (permalink)
StattoWrexham
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: European Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always The Kop View Post
To think we can get a similar sized crowd against Southport now. I never went to the Porto game, I did go to the Roma game ( it was one of the first games I went to, I think I went to one league game prior to it )

I used to stand by the dugout, players tunnel side and watched the first few years staring right through a metal fence ( great customer service in them days, what a view )

All I remember was there was a big crowd, it was at night under the massive floodlights and their players were all massive compared to our players, not really tall just stocky as I remember.

I was hooked from then on

My all time favourite game Real Zaragoza, that game had everything apart from us going through. They still did not beat the mighty reds with 2 draws accross the two legs.

The kop was rammed that night, my rib cage ached for a week afterwards, when we scored the back of the kop went mental and I ended up about 20 foot from where I started, to a 15 year old this was as good as it got, football, mates, singing and jumping around like lunatics when we scored....happy memories.
The Zaragoza home game was mental, we hammered them and it was that big keeper Cedrun that kept them in the game.

The atmosphere was incredible when you think at that time we were a promotion chasing Fourth Division side and not some big giant.

Steve Massey's celebration in front of the paddock was unforgettable!