View Single Post
Old 4th June 2017, 16.28:47   #28-0 (permalink)
Rex Ham
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: European Memories

I'm a bit too young for the 'classic' European games. Did go to Old Trafford in 91 (?) though, when we were actually seeded above Man Utd! Remember singing "we know a song that gets on (Les) Sealys f**king nerves" for what seemed like hours !

Also lucky enough to do Petrolul Ploesti away in 1995, unexpectedly one of the hottest games I've ever been to. Great memories from that trip ... expecting the hotel to be a s**thole, but it turning out to be one of the overthrown Presidents summer palaces and one of the nicest buildings I've ever stayed in.

Also spending the night drinking with a couple of our directors, Dave Lovett, Les Evans and two blokes from BBC Wales. Les getting pissed and moaning about how the BBC never bothered with us most times whilst he and Dave travelled everywhere. Then the look on Deryn Braces face as he came back from training injured, complete devastation, and Les getting even angrier that BBC would beat them to the story.

Game itself was nowt to right home about, but their Ultras were great fun, and our coach following the players coach back to the airport ... with Barry Hunter hanging out the skylight singing to hundreds of their fans who had lined the streets for us !