View Single Post
Old 21st June 2017, 13.33:03   #9-0 (permalink)
noisy1
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tickets for Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress View Post
Yeah it's pretty good at times. However at £19 a ticket, it isn't exactly expensive and is very much affordable. I left last year, but had Wrexham offered free tickets I'd have still paid to watch as all our ticket sales are vital income.

If Wrexham Barracks was still an active base rather than a reservist base, it could be a good idea, but I can't see that many taking up the free tickets. If anything I'd prefer free tickets for the underprivileged if we were to do any such scheme.
I agree completely with this, having served myself I would be too embarrassed to claim anything like free tickets. I never joined up for handouts and I would think the majority of service personnel feel the same.

Give free tickets to primary school kids if your going to give them to anyone. A few years ago, whilst living in Hampshire I got to watch Reading twice at the Madjeski Stadium because my lad received a ticket through his school. He really wanted to go and I had to buy a ticket so that I could take him.
It wasn't as if they were meaningless games either, both against teams vying for the playoffs (like Reading at the time).

Last edited by noisy1; 21st June 2017 at 13.34:13..