View Single Post
Old 24th June 2017, 13.20:37   #11-0 (permalink)
Mustapha Win
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: BBC Radio commentary?

In defence of Radio Wales they are deserving of some credit for even bothering to give live commentary on our National League fixtures given the abject performances of the last two seasons.

The games have been so poor that many of our season ticket holders didn't even turn up and those that did, including me, were subjected to some dreadful performances.

It became normal for people sitting with and around me to talk among ourselves on any subject just to relieve the boredom. So how can you criticise the commentators for deviating from the game just to fill in the time when there is nothing of any interest to report. If we ourselves are bored witless, what must it be like for them, I suppose they at least are receiving some financial reward.

The criticism of using wrong names is also strange as many on this forum are regularly having to be corrected when getting the names our own players wrong or wrongly spelt. As for Kevin Ratcliffe, I find that most of the time he makes valid points and often, to undoubtedly placate the more sensitive listener, glosses over some very obvious inefficiencies that are plain to see.

I believe that we should be grateful for small mercies and not be over critical of this medium, however I suppose there are some that will indulge in disproportionate praise and passion for the club completely ignoring the obvious problems that have existed ( I sincerely hope that these problems will now relate to the past ).