View Single Post
Old 20th July 2017, 22.36:29   #79-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Warrington game reaction

A reflection of the times - nobody wants to spend time nurturing players and bringing them on, coaching them in the hope of an improvement - well not being the age Gime is (bit different if your an up and coming youth showing promise).

We all crave instant success and live for the 'here and now' - if a player doesn't perform he gets analysed to death and written off almost immediately.
Mcdonagh was a perfect example - when he started with us last season he looked hopeless but I think the improvement in him by the time he left was considerable - last I remember he was playing at Cambridge United.

The season Mansfield Town went up as champions started with Kidderminster Harriers virtually losing their first 10 games - then suddenly they clicked and almost won the league themselves - indeed would have if not for that terrible start. I hope we get off to a great start but with two long distance away matches in the first three games I just hope if things don't go as we hope that people don't start demanding heads roll.