View Single Post
Old 16th August 2017, 08.31:50   #47-0 (permalink)
moldroadred
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Gateshead (H) ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Dunn (7) Earned his corn in the second-half. Needs to improve his kicking.

Roberts (6) Solid defensively but yet to get forward effectively. Took some clattering tackles. Can only improve.

M Smith (8) Won just about everything. A few wayward passes and headers but that's due to lack of movement by others. My MOTM once again.

Pearson (7) Good captain and leads the line well.

Jennings (3) Poor and stupid! He is our defensive weak-link.

MacKreth (3) Poor and hardly in the game.

Carrington (6) He did all that was required of him but has no ability to get past their midfielders.

Wedgbury (7) Mopped up most threats and worked hard.

Kelly (4) Has ability but no pace. He's not a winger.

Boden (4) Had one half chance before his substitution but took one touch too many. Hopefully better to come but still looks ring rusty, which is a worry.

Massanka (5) Frustrating, I know. Can't really win the ball in the air and gets caught offside. However, we are not playing good balls on the ground for him to run onto.

Subs:

Reid (7) Great debut. Changed the whole game and took his goal well. Great signing by DK.

Rutherford (5) Busy.

Hurst (4) Clumsy.

2 mid-table teams going through the motions after only 4 games. Not good. DK has stayed loyal to some underperforming players but now needs to have a rethink. Understand why folk criticise Carrington but, in this set-up, any creativity is supposed to come from the wingers. Last night, Kelly and MacKreth were again poor. However, our worst performing player remains Jennings; he needs to grow up and get a grip.

I found our misuse of throw-ins very frustrating. These are all things that need addressing on the training ground. I think that L Smith and Wright deserve a start, and 4-4-2 clearly isn't working.

Thankfully, Reid's display got us out of gaol but, fundamentally, our whole is currently much less than the individuals. Must buck up and do better!

Another great attendance, by the way!
I very much agree with these ratings.

Really disappointed with Kelly and Boden so far, don't think Kelly would improve being moved infield but it may be worth a try as he seems well off the pace playing wide left.