View Single Post
Old 16th August 2017, 08.57:13   #49-0 (permalink)
Foxy
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Gateshead (H) ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Dunn 6 some iffy rushes of blood
Roberts- 6 did ok not spectacular
Pearson-7 solid
Smith -7 solid
Jennings - 6 as per Roberts

Macreth - 6 one of the better midfield performers at least he got involved where possible. Far better than Rutherford
Wedgebury- 7 did the work of two players due to the shadow who partnered him in midfield. I'll judge him when he's not alone in centre mid
Carrington 2 - he probably had about 5 touches all game. Useless useless useless. How on earth he's got 6's after that no show is beyond me. Woeful and with him in midfield we're going nowhere. Open your eyes Dean FFS.
Kelly 4. - ok first half one great pass across their back line to Macreth, second half he just went missing. Expected better after so much hype on here.
Massanka - 3 .Good god. Cannot head the ball if his life depended on it. No where near what's needed. Send him back to Burnley now. Never looked like coming close to scoring, pointless signing.
Boden - 4 Showed more than Massanka and I could not believe he got subbed and Massanka stayed on. Needs decent players around him like a player who he can feed off. Massanka is never that player.

Things I noticed. When our fullbacks or midfielders have the ball our front two had no idea what ball was going to played therefore they often made the wrong run or the wrong pass was made to play them in. We looked like strangers thrown together at times.

Luckily Gateshead are also pap and they made the mistake which cost them but it could have the other way round easily.

We severely lack creativity. The centre mid partnership is dysfunctional and it's a real concern DK is pursuing this.

From that performance we're 3/4 players short of doing anything.

Positives new striker looks better and must start ahead of Massanka.
We didn't concede manny and Pearson are rocks god help us if they get injured we'll be fooked.
We didn't concede.
Decent attendance.
It didn't rain.

Overall I didn't leave the ground feeling optimistic despite the win. Totally underwhelmed. We're so toothless it's criminal.
You are right about Smith and Pearson . They will ensure we don't get dragged into the bottom ten places. If anything happens to either I dread to think....

Would really like Fyfield as a back up left sided central defender who can also cover left back.