View Single Post
Old 16th September 2017, 22.36:38   #62-0 (permalink)
Alan Attack
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Yet he keeps playing the same tactics that aren't working. He freely admits these tactics wont work without a target man yet persists.

We played our best football of the season when Carrington is suspended and Wright is in the midfield. Today Wright is on the bench and Carrington back in the midfield and look what happens.

Yes we are two points off of the top and unbeaten in six but in all reality the negative football is costing us points and now fans. I can't help but think with a more experienced manager with a plan B when its not working we would easily be on 24 - 26 points at the moment.
Gary Mills was experienced. I don't recall his Plan B.

The last 4 years since we lost to Newport has been like Groundhog Day.

Keates and his coaching team have made us solid but they now need to focus on making us a bit more expansive. In a 4-4-2, the game often revolves around whose midfield can push the others back. Keates must be instructing his two to sit in as much as possible which leaves a big gap between to the forwards.

Equally, we're getting next to nothing from our wingers (Kelly, Rutherford and Mackreth). They're barely linking with their full back.

Wasn't Darlington lauded as this great signing? Surely the three of them know more about football than us lot so let's give them a chance i.e. more than 2 months.