View Single Post
Old 17th September 2017, 06.25:20   #75-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I said we might have to see this season out under Keates and as painful as it may sound see where we are this time next season.
We need to give a manager a decent chance at some point and let him try to build a team. Sacking Keates now would take us back to the drawing board completely in my opinion. If at Christmas we are bottom half in the league then that should trigger a rethink. Otherwise we see this season out and surely to god he'll have learnt valuable lessons and will act accordingly.

Saying that he needs to inject something into this team otherwise he's just digging his own grave. Fans won't keep coming back for the dullfest currently on offer. It'll turn sour.
Wise words and I would like to suggest a look back - twelve months ago I and 400 other hardly souls were at Macclesfield to watch one of the most gutless and embarrassing performances in 40 years by a Wrexham side. Those who say no better than under mills are talking rubbish. This side may not know how to win but they are nearly all trying at least and either via tactics or recruitment i fervently hope it will get better. I have been bored this season but never as despondent as I felt driving home on September 13th last year.