View Single Post
Old 18th September 2017, 12.13:04   #148-0 (permalink)
KT12 Exile
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
And they have strikers galore and have still scored less than us
I had not realised that! Bloody hell if they've scored less than us, they really are struggling!

As frustrating as it is the way we're playing at the moment, we need to allow Keates to make mistakes and then enough time to learn from them. We didn't allow Morrell this luxury (gone after 1 bad season), Wilkin didn't last a year either, and Mills only lasted just over a year himself, the 'chop and change' approach just isn't working.

I'm as frustrated as anyone at the way we're playing and the blind spot for Carrington in midfield is increasingly baffling, but I honestly think we'll be better off if we allow Keates to make the mistakes and rectify them. History indicates that changing things now won't see us in a better position in 12 months time, so I'd like to see him given a sustained period of time to build a squad and slowly progress, rather than hit the panic button. If we were battling relegation it would be different of course.

I don't think all of the cash has been spent yet, weren't we still bidding for Cook until late in August? If so, you'd assume there's a healthy amount of money leftover. My guess is that Keates put all of his eggs in one basket and is now paying the price for missing out. If true, it's an error, but I'd like to see him have the chance to learn from this.

In terms of our 'hoof it and lose it' style of play, this is admittedly strange. I assumed with Darlington doing some coaching, we'd be better organised than this. Is CD advising Keates badly, or is Keates not taking his advice on board?