Thread: Idiots
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2017, 19.47:03   #45-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Idiots

In years gone by climbing on stand roof's and floodlight pylons was quite frequent.

Scarborough v Wolves I seem to recall with the roof collapsing.
A Tranmere home match was abandond only a few years back where a fan scaled a stand roof - Tranmere had regular problems in the 1980's - I recall fans going up the floodlight pylons and anyone who used to visit Goodison Park would be familiar with fans watching a game from the church roof on the corner of the Gladwys Street stand.

Working on football stadia roof is extremely difficult - not just because of the varying height but the ground underneath them is not level be it a seated area or a terrace - some older supporters may recall a young roofing contractor fell to his death from our Yale Stand, probably some 20 years or more back now.

Safety harnesses, ropes, correct footwear, PPE, scaffolding - the list is endless to reach parts of the stadium high above the ground which have probably not been visited in years - bird droppings, moss etc - these lads will not be aware of where the strong parts of the roof are - they will have no concept of standing central on a roof panel with no structure beneath it - and are dicing with death.

To answer Fezbob - we are not a significant terrorist target ?
Who would have thought that an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester back in May for a load of teenagers and kids would be a target ending in the deaths of 22.
It can happen anywhere and I am surprised that sporting events have not yet been targeted.

One more thing - the Kop is an utter disgrace and should have been erased years ago - kids following Wrexham over the last 20 years are yet to see a home match in a four sided ground - whilst the likes of Chesterfield, Rotherham and the like have built new stadiums whilst we have stagnated (for numerous reasons).