View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2017, 20.44:50   #12-0 (permalink)
ugarte007
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tranmere Rovers 0 Wrexham 1 Match highlights video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Watching the highlights makes me think we have a special bond developing. The players worked their socks off today, the team has no doubt bonded. Down to ten men very early on many teams would have just crumbled without the mental toughness to survive.
That all said we won't create a massive amount going forward, but I think-us, the fans seem to have bought into it and will be patiant with it. After all, we all would have taken a nil nil draw after Sam got himself sent off.
Defensively that is as good as it gets. A clean sheet with 10 men for 90 mins-it's defences that win championships, not strikers like some seem to think. Yes they are the exciting players,but like Chelsea today (who got battered by Stoke for the most part) and then took their chances, it's defences that get clean sheets when the going gets tough that win the points. If only we had the strikers we would be 10 points clear!!
So the bond is now set, it's still early days but I think today has set us apart from the teams of the last 4/5 seasons. A few more additions and we will be there or thereabouts.
It's a big game next Saturday there's no doubt....in fact the biggest for years...
I see Sutton seem to concede a few...so let's hope we get just the atleast one, as its sure as hell means they will have to score at least 2 to beat us.
Cmon you reds
Thats what Darlo said the other night, its on !!