View Single Post
Old 24th September 2017, 10.12:39   #17-0 (permalink)
John Neals Dynasty
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Never going to happen and is nothing peculiar to us. At home the fans sit back and demand entertainment and victory , away they feel the team 'needs' them and so become much more vocal. At a guess at least 50% and probably more of yesterday's following came from the Yale/MRS and yet we (me included) hardly ever sing at home games.
What we have to eliminate is the moaning and individual player assassination then the players would not be nervous. I thought Jennings had a poor game against Guisley but kept my thoughts to myself- others didn't (which they are entitled to do of course) but it certainly affected him.
The thing is going back to the good old days of the 70s it was us on the Kop that did the singing and encouraging. Since the loss of the Kop the vocal support has become spread out, in the Techend it's better than the moan road stand and the Yale.

Also yesterday we all stood up in the cowshed and since all seating in stadiums ground have got quieter vocally, that along with the die hard fans are there ones who's got away when they can.
Posted via mobile theme