Thread: Dissent.
View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2017, 09.09:37   #19-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dissent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Back to the original theme of this post - should we fine players for dissent? Emotive topic, because in the cold light of the day, professional players should play to the whistle and never question the officials. It's never a successful ploy as refs rarely change their minds and players might get booked in the process. Is it that a large percentage of players are not Einstein, and that they cannot 'shut it' in the event of controversy? Mind you, how many manager rant and rave at the fourth official? It's a total waste of time and no example to the players. Managers see it as 'expressing passion' but it's rather immature and silly. If the manager fines players for dissent, then to be fair, the club must fine managers if they get booked or sent to the stand. Is this a football culture thing, as I don't see much of it in Rugby Union.
Rugby Union has it right, in that the ref is always correct, even when they have clearly got it wrong. Changing the mindset of the football community won’t be easy or quick, but it needs to happen. Anyone who continually gets himself booked due to gobbing off should be fined. As captain, Pearson needs to set a positive example.

He should be fined.