View Single Post
Old 29th October 2017, 08.10:39   #6-0 (permalink)
Joblessred
-

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings against Orient

Overall I thought for our level of football it was a decent game. It wasn’t nice to see a reasonable away following and opposition not setup to smash the ball towards manny smith for 90 mins. Leyton Orient looked like a side that have come down from league two, and are struggling to adapt to non-league football. Very similar to Hartlepool. Orient looked better with the ball in possession, and will feel they had claims to all three points, similar to ourselves. Wrexham looked more attacking minded and it paid off with the early goal. The game tooed and froded between the two sides, and I thought a draw was a fair result. Keates will be disappointed with both the mistakes that cost us two goals. It again exposed our teams deficiencies. The goalkeeper has to do better with the first, and we have to be switched on at set-pieces.

Match ratings:

Dunn - 3

Left the “cross” that he perceived to be heading out of play and it hit the top corner of the net. Looked shaky all afternoon. Bring back coddington please, Mr Keates.

Jennings - 6 did okay when called upon, but most of Leyton orients good play came down our right.

Smith - 6 Manny has been no nonsense all season. Heading everything forward, kicking everything forward. I’d like to see him take the ball down more and play out from the back - he’s very capable of doing this. Clearly, he is told to simply clear his lines by the management.

Pearson - 7 standard commanding performance from our captain. Took a yellow for the team late on.

Hurst - 5 Left Macketh one on one with the very tricky Orient winger in the first half. I’m not sure why? Was it tactical that he defended inside his own box, rather than close down the winger. We looked more solid this side when Rutherford swapped with macketh.

Rutherford - 8 Pains me to say it but thought he had a decent game. His two assists were crucial and he didn’t stop running.

Macketh - 5 struggled to get into the game, but needs game time to shine, in my opinion. Always going to be a threat with his pace, but needs to be used higher up the field. Macketh isn’t going to offer loads of protection to a full-back, and like most of our players, he would suit a 4-3-3 formation.

Kelly - 6 showed some nice passes, but for the most part lined up very similar to carrington when paired with wedgebury. Often far too deep and only useful when higher up the field.

Wright - 5 a presence in midfield, but passing often wayward. Struggled against more intelligent footballers, but didn’t stop running.

Massanka 7 - his best performance over 90 minutes. Held the ball up quite well - something we have been missing all season. Impressed with him today.

Holroyd 8 - took his two goals well, and shut me up for now, for suggesting he would be better employed on the wing. Didn’t contribute massively otherwise, but you can’t knock two goals.