View Single Post
Old 4th November 2017, 09.00:06   #2-0 (permalink)
Rooster1982
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: FAW & My Racecourse

Why you feeling shafted?

None of this is news - the ground needs millions spending on it and we havent got millions, plus we dont have the catchment to sell out a friendly at the racecourse so it seems pointless spending that money to begin with.

I reckon a straw poll of people attending wales games would show something like this

About half the people attending full home internations at CCFS are from cardiff and the surrounding areas...about half of those wouldnt attend friendly games unless it was a marquee team like germany, spain, brazil etc...that number thins out even further when you factor in having to make the journey north.

The other half of attending fans would probably be more likely to attendnthe closer they are to Wrexham but I reckon from Wrexham itself there are probably at most 2000 people who attend in the CCFS, i suspect that for a friendly played at the racecourse, if we had 4 stands, you might struggle to get 8000 people in. In the current day, the FAW nor the fans want to go back to empty stadiums and a total lack of interest, do they?