View Single Post
Old 19th November 2017, 10.50:38   #1-0 (permalink)
Congy Red
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft
Twitter: @

Default ...but there is hope for the second half

After my wildly successful best selling thread on our half season failings I couldn't resist looking forward.

I thought yesterday was a deserved win, not a lucky win. It was also the first game where two fairly small changes look like having a long term positive impact on our attacking play.

I first saw Roberts play for us in the Nantwich friendly. He looked like a very good crosser of the ball and a competent footballer. I think he showed that yesterday. His combination with Rutherford looks like it might develop into a genuine attacking threat.

Kelly has started to drift inside more. It hasn't produced anything spectacular, and was pretty ineffective at Chester, but I'm starting to believe that, with Jennings fit, they will form another reasonably potent threat. Kelly has got some magic in his boots, but probably not enough to dazzle from the centre.

I haven't been impressed with the little changes over the first half ,but I think there is now hope for better attacking. With a better player replacing Massanka/Reid WOW!!!