View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 13.23:57   #32-0 (permalink)
John Neals Dynasty
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynTheMilk View Post
This "2 year bollocks" is simply about being realistic in expectations. You cannot realistically expect to turn a crap team into one challenging for promotion in one season with a limited budget. That doesn't mean an uncompetitive one, it means a limited one, as in once it's gone, there is no more. That is what Wrexham have. It's competitive, but limited.

It also doesn't mean that there is no chance of promotion in the first year, or that the club don't want promotion in the first year. It means that if the club don't get promoted in the first year, it's not necessarily a failure. The important thing is that progress is being made.

I would suggest you consider where this team was last year, and ask yourself if significant progress has been made.

Also, every time the braying hoards get their wish and a "clueless" manager is replaced, you have to start that process again.

If you don't understand any of the above, that's fine, but it doesn't make it "bollocks".

I appreciate you are frustrated that Keates hasn't signed anybody apart from a very promising 21 year old midfielder in the first 14 days of a 31-day Transfer Window, but sit tight. Everything will be fine. There is more to signing decent players than "he's good, let's sign him, *click*". If it was that easy, I wouldn't be sitting at this desk of a Monday morning, I'd be doing interviews for Football Focus and taking my Lamborghini for a service, and so would you be. These guys know what they are doing.

I think you will Find I'm not one of the ones wetting themselves over no signings at present I've stated on 2 occasions fans need to chill and enjoy our 2 wk break, I'm relaxed over signings it's common sense better quality players especially strikers are rarely available in January unless a club has lots of money to spend.

I also know we have progressed on the field since last season. Mr point about 2yr projects being bollocks is without a decent academy a reserve team we are just planning for the day,if we sign more players have a bigger squad where are those not in the team going to get game time?? That for me is short term planning, also come the Summer our better players even if on 2 yrs deals could be poached by clubs with money,so then we start again.

Of course I wasn't expecting a promotion challenge at start of season with a complete new team, but like you say if the opportunity arises as it has you have to try for it.

Next season money no object Salford will be up, Fylde will spend more, Forest Green will probably be back with lots to spend, sorry next season might not be as easy as this, but we are only 3 points from dropping out of the play offs that's how tight this league is.
Posted via mobile theme