View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 14.29:06   #36-0 (permalink)
SE19 Exile
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynTheMilk View Post
This "2 year bollocks" is simply about being realistic in expectations. You cannot realistically expect to turn a crap team into one challenging for promotion in one season with a limited budget. That doesn't mean an uncompetitive one, it means a limited one, as in once it's gone, there is no more. That is what Wrexham have. It's competitive, but limited.

It also doesn't mean that there is no chance of promotion in the first year, or that the club don't want promotion in the first year. It means that if the club don't get promoted in the first year, it's not necessarily a failure. The important thing is that progress is being made.

I would suggest you consider where this team was last year, and ask yourself if significant progress has been made.

Also, every time the braying hoards get their wish and a "clueless" manager is replaced, you have to start that process again.

If you don't understand any of the above, that's fine, but it doesn't make it "bollocks".

I appreciate you are frustrated that Keates hasn't signed anybody apart from a very promising 21 year old midfielder in the first 14 days of a 31-day Transfer Window, but sit tight. Everything will be fine. There is more to signing decent players than "he's good, let's sign him, *click*". If it was that easy, I wouldn't be sitting at this desk of a Monday morning, I'd be doing interviews for Football Focus and taking my Lamborghini for a service, and so would you be. These guys know what they are doing.
Would you be so kind as to post more often please?