View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2018, 18.53:47   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Communique from Jimmy

I was walking through town earlier when a car with blacked out windows pulled up and the driver said the man in the back wanted me to know a proclamation had been placed on social media from Sir James Dismal and invited circulation of the message.

Slightly delayed, I have located it on and copied it below https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...65785823444104

Another National League club with financial worries it seems.

It’s easy to harp on about Premiership players earning £££££ per week and the balance of revenue in the game being unfair – But it could be argued that the blame lies squarely with the owners of these clubs and the National League themselves.

Here in the National league there are no financial fair play rules governing what a club can spend in relation to the revenue they generate, which encourages the clubs to spend money they don't have chasing the dream of league football.

Apparent 'astute business people' seem to transform into incompetent buffoons, going against every sensible business practice in the book which of course ends up with the club heading into financial difficulties and more often than not it’s the fans who are left to pick up the pieces.

It’s time for change. It’s time to reward clubs for keeping their houses in order. Time for the National League to wake up and change its rules on financial fair play. Otherwise Macc will be just another club in a long line of basket cases.

Our club only spends what it can afford and therefore will guard itself in every way possible against such a mess again. The people in charge will never risk the clubs future and every penny will be well accounted for.

This, combined with our fantastic support will eventually lead the way to success.

UTST!!