Thread: BTB 1 Year on
View Single Post
Old 10th February 2018, 10.15:54   #30-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: BTB 1 Year on

[QUOTE=TWREX;2114066]I'm all for it like most of us on RP but it can't be left to the same minority all the time. I enquired before xmas how many raffle tickets were returned out of the 6000 books sent out. It would appear not all are in the same mindset. But onwards and upwards for me.[/QUOTE

This maybe true, but has donating to BtB caused any financial issues for the fans who have supported it's iniatives, likewise with club membership, thefore happy days. Buying STs is a bit different as it is one hit, but a few quid here and there from a greater majority of fans makes the BtB's success sustainable.

Those who want do their bit will and it is unlikely fans will pay more than they can afford. The more difficult thing for me is sustaining all the effort and time of the volunteers who make the iniatives work. These people are the real heroes in its success but if we win today and stay top of the league, we can all take some satisfaction in that, we helped make this happen. Success breeds success but it needs a catylist to get things started, whether it be the prudent administration of the Trust, the shrewd appointment of Keates or BtB or just our luck, but our crowds are increasing and we are going in the right direction.

The club has been in dire straights financially for the best part of 15 years and certainly since administration and exiting the NL and we have had plenty of doom & gloom to moan about, feeling sorry for ourselves or for others giving up altogether. There are many to blame for the state of things, why we went into administration, why we got relegated, why we lost our assets, why we couldn't just bounce back, why we have been here 10 years, but at the end of the day, there is only us fans who truly care.

Our current situation is proving, that we are starting to put that behind us and that is all down to enough fans wanting it enough. If the goal of promotion isn't completed this season, then we need to ensure we keep improving things and persuading a bigger majority of our fans to get involved on the back of seeing the difference it makes.

Everyone should take confidence in the way the off the field activities have been turned round by the Trust(ourselves) and DK and his staff have turned things around on the pitch, so let's keep the faith, jointly we can make it happen.