Thread: Halifax Ratings
View Single Post
Old 11th February 2018, 10.25:00   #6-0 (permalink)
billybersham
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Halifax Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Just a few observations Quay Red:
A bit unfair on Quiggly, he started sluggish, his first couple of touches were iffy, he missed a decent chance, but he did start to cause problems and given a bit more time, I'm sure he would have created chances.
Manny did get forward a lot in the first. Halifax allowed that with one big lump up top, but we didnt then capitalize enough from his advanced position even though Rutherford, Holroyd and particularly Boden were trying to get some link up play going.
Deverdicks was well off the pace and everything down the left broke down, he played 3 or 4 similar balls into feet that were picked off. This coupled with not making the most of Manny's firward runs, was the main reason we didn't get the all important secind goal.
Second half we seemed to lose our way even more so, Deverdicks not in the game, Kelly dropped deeper and deeper to get the ball, Rutherford, Holroyd and Boden not getting any space as Halifax work rate
seemed to go up a level.
In the end it was a game we should have put to bed but could have easily lost in the second half.
Dunn 6
Roberts 6
Smith 7
Pearson 7
Jennings 6
Rutherford 6
Wedgebury 8
Kelly 7
Devedicks 5
Boden 7 (8 If he lasted)
Holroyd 6

Quiggly 6
Frank's 6 (Not really long enough to score)
I think those rating are spot on but for kelly who i would give 4 at best.