View Single Post
Old 11th February 2018, 14.52:55   #29-0 (permalink)
benwilliams
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Red View Post
Listening to the first half on RW we seemed to be coasting it and 3 points were in the bag. I'm sure those on here who put the blame on us sitting too deep are right but we now need to move on and as an earlier poster said get on the training ground and try something different.

We now have two massive Saturdays ahead of us. Come out of those unbeaten and we still have a chance of finishing top of the pile. (Don't forget next Saturday Aldershot are home to Macc, then Tranmere are home to Macc on the Tuesday.) It is also good to see a bit of a gap opening up between the top 9 and Ebbsfleet in 10th (5 points). I don't see anyone outside those 9 getting a play off place.

I'm looking forward to Sutton next Saturday and am far from despondent despite yesterday's result. I just hope that we turn up unlike my last match at Aldershot in November. We only lost 1-0 there last season when we had one of the poorest teams we have had in the Conference. Sutton also have to face the long trip up to Barrow in midweek. A draw is far from being out of the question. Reading comments on RP re Quigley's fitness I would not start him but leave him on the bench, especially on Sutton's 3G pitch. Let's hope we get something from this game and keep our promotion bid on track!
Agree that Aldershot display was poor, although just checked as my recollection was we lost 2-0 Not 1-0 last season and I am correct.
Posted via mobile theme