View Single Post
Old 11th February 2018, 17.16:17   #34-0 (permalink)
Big A
-

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Centre Midfield Problem

The problem as far as I can see is we have lacked pace and quality outwide all season, wedgebury sits far too deep and has very limited passing ability. Kelly offers a bit of quality at set-pieces(this was completely devoid of his game yesterday), but doesn’t quite have the ability to match in open play. Maybe Deverdics might offer more in the middle. Rutherford puts plenty of effort in, but is a bottom end conference winger at best. Amazed we are still persevering with him on the wing.

I’m not sure what people saw in wedgebury yesterday. He runs around a lot but I’m yet to see him boss the midfield for 90 minutes. Playing in a 4-4-2, I expect more quality on the ball from a midfielder. Russell Penn did wedgeburys task last season, reading the game better and avoiding the need to bomb round the field. He could also pass the ball forward. A vast contrast in my eyes.

I’m wondering how long it will be before Raven gets a chance infront of Kevin Roberts. He looked like a decent footballer when he came on against Tranmere.