View Single Post
Old 12th February 2018, 10.52:55   #50-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Centre Midfield Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
This is bang on the nail it's not all down to players we have but it's down to attitude, it's Not just Halifax we have lost points to from our attitude on the pitch when we go a goal infront,now I don't know if it's down to the players or the management but it needs a change of mentality in the game.

Against Halifax first 15 minutes we were all over them go a goal up take our foot off the gas and let them back in the game, it's happened in many games we should of won comfortably but ended up dropping points, the forward line come in for a lot of criticism for not scoring enough, but it's so bleeding obvious our midfield isn't good enough. It's that poor it sometimes makes Wedgebury look better than he is, yes he works his socks off winning the ball back but he couldn't pass wind & most of the time gives possesion away, Rutherford is another weak link, he's like a sidewinder. Sideways backwards sideways like an inferior Ray Wilkin, until we stop being scared to get in the opposition faces this will continue to happen dropping points, we stand off players letting them come forward Wedgebury is one who doesn't do this to be fair. Our lack of creativity in midfield is a particular weakness as is our lack of goals from midfield because none of them get forward enough. Now I keep reading Wright should be playing, but he is still a bit raw and his passing ability is equal to Wedgebury, difference is he is young time to improve, but with no reserve side he won't be match fit, what this side lacks is a ball playing creative midfielder who can open up a defence with a pass a Fowler type.

But whoever plays until we stop switching off when a goal up instead of going for more goals this will continue to happen.
Posted via mobile theme
Damn good post. My thoughts exactly.