View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 12.46:03   #50-0 (permalink)
rememberthegoodoldyears
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton United (A) Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Whilst Dunn clearly has his limitations - not commanding his box being the biggest - I agree he has done well of late and does not deserve to be dropped. However, I disagree about the others.

Raven showed his ability when he came on as LB for the injured and frustrating Jennings. He is a better footballer than either Roberts or Jennings and, after his 2 recent home performances I would replace Roberts with Raven, and give Jennings another chance.

Rutherford works hard but he lacks pace and the ability to beat a man. His state of pique on Saturday means he is unavailable for Sutton, so DK must replace him.

Kelly has ability but again no pace, and he lacks the ability to either pass defenders or pick a killer-pass to unlock defences. He's also a weak tackler, who puts too much pressure on Wedgbury.

Quigley isn't match-fit, so needs to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes when they are hopefully tiring.

Our strategy seems to be: score a goal, and then hang on. It clearly ain't working, so we need to be a bit more attacking and try to convert the aimless draws into wins, otherwise we'll not be promoted.

I suspect DK will again be too conservative to make wholesale changes but, FWIW, my starting XI for Saturday would be:

-----------------------------DUNN

RAVEN---------M SMITH-----------PEARSON--------JENNINGS

----WRIGHT-----------WEDGBURY--------DEVERDICS

---------------------------BODEN

-------------FRANKS---------------HOLROYD

Bench:

Dibble
Roberts
Kelly
Mackreth
Quigley
I don't see the problem in Roberts in the last couple of home games personally but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
I'll not get into the other points so much but just a quick observation of the side you've chosen it's very unbalanced isn't it, raven essentially a centre half and that was quite clear against, then just in front of him a centre midfielder and the team seems like it's still heavily reliant on wedgebury. Too finish it off it possess two strikers neither being an out and out forward. One who was spent his whole career as a winger with a less than convincing goal record and you could call on the fact Boden is there but he's shown earlier in the season his strength is not leading the line through the middle.