View Single Post
Old 12th March 2018, 11.54:11   #26-0 (permalink)
Superunknown
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Twenty’s plenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Statistical irrelevance. I would much rather go to watch my team win 2-1, or 4-3 than 1-0 any day. Grateful, as I am, to see us take three points, there is a responsibility to try to play the beautiful game. Folks go to games to see goalmouth action (goals), not ritual bus parking! If we get promotion, I might well eat my words, but this infatuation with defending at all costs won’t bring the masses back to the Racecourse.
We'd all like to see goalfests with us winning every game but it's simply not happening. We don't have the midfield for it. What we do have a team that's become very hard to beat and will dig in when needs be. Whilst this isn't the most exciting it's got us to 4th in the table with a lot still to play for. Every single one of us would have taken this position this time last year.

I do agree it'll take a bit of luck to get promoted but we're very difficult to beat and if we can hold these teams out or at least nick a few goals back as well, we've got a great shot at it.

Onto Woking, 21 clean sheets and another 3 points, hopefully.