View Single Post
Old 4th May 2018, 08.52:22   #50-0 (permalink)
pagl
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I hope you are right Paul. I think he is one of the few who can claim to have given 100% for virtually the entire season. I accept that he has limitations but still feel he could do a job for us if combined with a more visionary midfield general. I can only say that if we replace the whole team with a better standard than him then I truly believe we will win the league.

BTW I understand that he commutes from Sheffield so perhaps he could be tempted nearer home ?
Without knowing what Sams preferred formation is then its not so cut and dried.

I was just trying to say that the CM needs a couple of players that are actually passers of the ball. If were going to set up 433 then Wedgbury would have a part to play behind the other 2 CMs and the width would have to be provided by attacking FBs and 2 wide players that could also track back.

If however its 442 then that limits us in terms of width and we saw that all season. With Wedgbury a 442 becomes a 4132 and we get dominated in the midfield. If Sam goes down this formation then the 3 other midfielders need to be far more mobile than we had this season.

Its a complicated situation to accommodate a defensive formation when we all want to see attacking football