View Single Post
Old 6th May 2018, 13.08:34   #29-0 (permalink)
WrexSi
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: We can play like Liverpool

Liverpool are a long way off the title (in the Premier) as they’re inconsistent, but they always try to play good football, entertain, and get goals. They seem to slip up and lose those 21 points when the bus is parked against them really. And they can’t break it down then get caught on the break. Perhaps that’s why they do ok against City etc...open game.
I think the point for Wrexham is, entertaining football. I think the fans proved at the Dagenham game that they mean what they say that they’d settle for a half decent season with entertaining matches. I heard very few grumbles after that game other than how unlucky we were. But everyone seemed to have enjoyed that 2-1 loss, bizarrely, over some of the 0-0’s. If Ricketts can build a team that will do what he is hoping.... hard working, no one coasting, and just have a go, we won’t go far wrong.
As for the ‘clean sheets can bring success’, it can, but it’s a very hard thing to do over a whole season, particularly in the fifth tier of football. Mistakes happen in the end, switching off at set pieces etc. It appears to me that most seasons (not always. But most times) the clubs that go up have got Goals in them. You really have to gun your way out of the NL.
Tranmere aren’t quite there, but look how often there are high scores in their games. Macc were full of goals too. As have been Fylde etc.
Wrexham scored a lot less goals than relegated Woking. That means there’s a fundamental problem.
Ricketts seems to be fully aware of all this, and I’m sure he will do his best to assemble a squad to make it happen (goals and entertainment).
COYR.