View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 18.24:34   #19-0 (permalink)
RemovedUser
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -
Twitter: @

Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Yes, as in the academy strictly speaking, not other aspects of the club, pretty simply btw.

What is the clubs plan other than promotion and profit, Tamworth set theirs out for all areas for 5 years regarding the club. I've yet to see any plan, I was told a few years back one was being drawn up, hasn't happened for whatever reason. When Ricketts ( who was very good I thought) introduced himself, again no real mention of a long term plan other than the usual answers. He must have said something to impress, so why can't it be shared with us, so we're all pulling in the same direction and know what to expect? You aren't going to please everyone, but it would help lessen the pressure.

Yes, Southampton did this, had people saying other clubs would poach young players and it didn't really happen. These lads played for the first team and made them a small fortune. In fact Southampton have a goal of producing a team comprising entirely of academy products, currently it's two players a season minimum in to the first team, anything less if failure. This will increase as the years go by until they become self-sufficient if it ever happens, why can't we aim to do similar? Look after these lads, give them the opportunities and most will stay. Also Wimbledon have managed just fine doing exactly the same, it's a poor excuse from the club, who use the exact same practices themselves.

Football is a team game, the best sides have had a spine of players who've played together for years, know each other inside out on and off the pitch. It's very rare to create a successful side with personnel changing every season, it happens at Wrexham and still we await promotion.
FFS, another red herring to randomly try to rationalise your thought? process.

Since when have Southampton been in the 5th tier? They have profited from their youth policy because they are a league Club. Their rules don’t apply to us.