View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 21.33:33   #35-0 (permalink)
jonesfach
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Much of your response bares no relation to what I said. On the point of millions wasted, the board can stipulate that the academy must be used.

As for Danny Ward, it was years ago now, another who played 1 game for the first team and that was it, play more and the players worth more. This is a massive problem, you'd expect at least a few to step up and become regulars in the entire time in this league Robbie Evan's and... Im struggling to name anyone else. Some of us thought the academy should have had that appearance fee.

In all honesty the academy has become a farce, an after thought, it gets no real investment, only enough to keep it going and it's really showing. While we spend thousands on players travelling from far flung places who'll be off to a club closer to home should the opportunity arise, as things are it isn't working.

Even Chester another team with no league funding ever has a better academy, which is painful to admit, but hey, they went actively seeking sponsors such as Swettenham Chemists. A suggestion that's been made on here before now and likely to the board.
Chester have a better academy yet are in serious financial bother and have been relegated.

I know which ship I would rather be on.....and no it's not theirs.