View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 21.50:52   #37-0 (permalink)
GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Well it remains to be seen whether Tamworth continue on this route, although by sacking Morrell they probably have already realised their plan was not working. They like ourselves don't have a owner with pots of money. Out of interest how are their accounts looking? I assume you have an idea?

As for Ricketts his plan is the same as we had last year try to get the best players we can for the budget we have. Once promoted we can then look at getting further infustruture in place. Ie youth and reserves.

Why do we need a 5 year plan?? Tamworths is now in pieces after the first 2 years. Like ours with losing our manager you can't plan too far ahead in this league. Unless you have a bottomless pot of money that is where you can afford to lose millions over several years. As I am sure you are aware a trust cannot run in deficit.
So we have KPI's beyond promotion and profit, if they aren't met we find the root causes or find a better way, plans can and do fail or it's a bumpy road along the way, it's far too soon to say Tamworth's is in prices, 2 promotions on the bounce and I doubt may would say that.

Using your logic we can't make any plan no matter the division, the club can set out what they want long term and get someone in who buys into or has a track record of doing that.

As for your point on the league changing, have you forgotten about Forest Green Rovers, Fleetwood, Luton, York, Mansfield and Gateshead? All had owners throwing money at it in 2011-2012, can't see how it's changed to be honest.