View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 22.01:02   #245-0 (permalink)
standman
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Davies leaves for Walsall (Confirmed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Our board has a wide range of skills, knowledge and expertise and I’d wager much more than the vast majority of clubs at our level or leagues above.

As for approaching new people - who but a fan would work for the club for free? Not only that but PAGL would also like them to give us money. Would a fan who wanted to get involved in this way not approach the club themselves or already have a relationship to the club?

My point is that I’m not sure how we as a club are meant to identify and effectively cold call the very few people willing to work for the club for free, who have the kind of skills you are looking for. I think they would approach the club, or the relationship would perhaps initially be put in place through sponsorship. And we do approach many local businesses about sponsorship. Phil Salmon from AEC is an example of how that can develop.
I do recall attending a meeting before ‘we’ got control of the club where it was said that fans were going to asked what they could offer the club and a list would be put together that would help save the club a lot of money should we get control. That list would be then used to call for services and purchases.

I wonder if that ever happened? Does it need updating? Is it still used?