View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 16.27:17   #65-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sugar Daddy needed - again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtos View Post
Why don't we just start to increase the membership fee from the minimum £12 to say £25or even £50 per year each.

I know people put more in than that each year but if the minimum was raised than we would be able to have more of a budget to play with.

I don't know how much WST get from the fees currently, so don't know how much increasing it would actually bring in more than it is now.
I would imagine it would be 50/50 of members willing to increase contributions and those who wish to pay the minimum to say they are members and receive the ST discount.

It looks like a choice between increasing the subs or keeping the status quo and increasing the membership. Personally I would say leave it alone and have a major push on increasing numbers, in the short term at least and sign up those missing few thousand.

I know the margins are tight but a discount on match day tickets and/or merchandise would greatly assist even if it didn't initially see a significant net profit for the club. Another way would be to give members a reason I.e. BtB or sign a striker to voluntary increase their contributions, similarl to the push when the club bought the Racecourse lease.

Last edited by davewilli; 17th May 2018 at 16.28:23..