View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 10.07:45   #22-0 (permalink)
dlrwrexham
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Accessible Away Travel - Help Needed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official DLO View Post
Thank you so much to each and every one of you for your suggestions.
I have spoken to a few children's charities including Dynamic and because we are not transporting children, they aren't able to help us, and I have also spoken to local special needs schools who also have these type of buses, and again they are unable to help. I have also spoken to Pendine Park along with other local nursing homes who sadly can't help us. I have spoken to coach companies locally who either cannot help me because they don't have the facilities, or I did have one estimate back of £1200 just to take us to Salford, so completely out of the question I'm afraid. I have rang Oswestry community action / dial a ride but they can only transport one person in a wheelchair. Also spoken to Charriotts and they can only taxi one wheelchair user in the fairly local area at a time. I have spoken to Morgan Foundation who again could have only helped us if we were transporting children. I have rang other football teams to see if it's a service they provide and can advise me on, but not having much luck there either, apart from premiership teams who use a company who provide wheelchair spaces on their standard coach contracts, and this isn't an option for us at present time. I have tried ringing hiring companies to see if we could hire a mini bus and then sort out a driver but not to be. These vehicles just don't seem to exist, and I really have put all my efforts into this for the last couple of months. I really didn't realise it would be such a difficult impossible task until I started it. I haven't finished yet, I have only today been in touch with another company and I will definitely leave no stone unturned, if it's possible then I will certainly find the way to do it.
But I thought by explaining who I have already contacted you get an idea of the difficulty in the task at hand. Please keep your suggestions coming and I still promise that I am doing everything in my power to make it happen.
Your efforts are hugely appreciated Kerry, and I know you'll push this boulder as far up the hill as you need to. It's just yet another, very sad indictment of the society we still live in.