View Single Post
Old 4th June 2018, 09.07:55   #1-0 (permalink)
fezbob
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Seeing as there are threads for most AGM resolutions, I thought I'd start one about the most important one of all!

I'm backing the proposers personally.

Quote:
RESOLUTION D

Summary: To replace the current club mascot "Wrex the Dragon" with "Rockin' Robin"

Proposer: Mary Roberts, Adrian Roberts and Louise S Roberts

“The Society resolves that the Society Board be directed to replace the current club mascot "Wrex the Dragon" with "Rockin' Robin”.

Proposer’s background information:

Rockin' Robin was dismissed of his duties as the club's mascot in 2001, since then we have faced administration to relegation from the football league. Now we the fans have owned our club for some years and are looking for promotion and have enjoyed the games when Rockin' Robin came back for the odd game e.g. Barroween which brought large crowds to see his antics we would ask the membership to vote on his return as feel it would be beneficial to the club with the entertainment he brings.

Society Board’s Background Information:

Although they understand the sentiments behind this resolution and tempting as it may seem, the Board advises members not to vote in favour of it. Everyone who witnessed his antics looks back on the heyday of Rockin Robin with affection and to the years when the team’s nickname was “the Robins”. However, 17 years have now elapsed since the Club decided to adopt “the Dragons” as its nickname and to introduce Wrex the Dragon as its mascot. A name which reflects our Welsh identity and distinguishes us from other clubs. A generation of younger fans have known nothing else and the Junior Dragons is an important and growing part of the fanbase. Thousands of schoolchildren were entertained by Wrex at the recent Wales squad training day at the Racecourse. To alter things now would involve time and expense to rebrand this part of the Club’s image. Time and expense which is better spent elsewhere.

As this resolution directs the Board to act it requires a two thirds majority of those voting.
Posted via mobile theme