View Single Post
Old 5th June 2018, 07.42:42   #24-0 (permalink)
WrexhamO
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumpadinks a RED View Post
Does anyone know if any plans have been drawn up in any way for any part of the stadium?
I was told that it was being looked at for the Yale stand near the away section? I imagine its a bloody nightmare but I'm no engineer or architect, far from it.

In an ideal world everyone would come together funding would be in place for a new stand on the kop that would include a much bigger accessible area a sensory room, catering facilities and more hospitality areas.

Plans have been drawn up for that area Clump.

They were first drawn a couple of years Back, WCBC were not happy and they had to be redrawn last year.
WCBC safety officer now seems satisfied and the plans are with the club . Originally this would have perhaps opened the lower Yale Uni end, but the club now want it to be part of the away section.
Therefore it may be prudent to cut back on the number of planned spaces.

To build a new Kop and satisfy the STADIUM minimum standard of accessible spaces would probably mean putting 75 wheelchair spaces in it. These would need to be covered and at height.

Wheelchair users should not need to wait any longer than they already have and a new Kop seems years away. We lose members every year sadly.