Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2018, 10.41:16   #6-0 (permalink)
REDGOG
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Last members elected in 2008 by the Wrexham Supporters Federation. Notice the section on WAFC website seems to have disappeared. Does this mean , like the splendid C'Mon the Town annual , it has been officially scrapped?
On a similar theme, I was disappointed that the 1992/93 Promotion Reunion was cancelled at short notice. No criticism of the organisers but a shame nevertheless. In contrast our FPA staged a highly successful Dinner celebrating our greatest-ever side which won the Third Division Championship in 1977/78. We believe that our Club's great history makes us who we are and will continue such events. We plan a Porto European 35 year celebration in October 2019 and an International get-together (assuming I can get it approved by our English-born FPA committee members! ) to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Wales 4 England 1 in 1980. For those who are unaware of the facts , the Wales team that day included 5 players who currently, previously , or in future , played for Wrexham AFC!!
To put it bluntly , our Club's history defines what we are and makes us more than just another Non-League club. Let's celebrate that at every opportunity and work together to make a bright future !
Great post, great history well worth celebrating.

I would settle for a rainy Tuesday night game against Rochdale now.