Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 06.53:49   #39-0 (permalink)
wafc1926
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill View Post
Dave
The 'Hall of Fame' was on the agenda at the most recent WSF meeting.
It was agreed by all present that, after 10 years of non league football, was there really anyone totally deserving of inclusion ? The thinking being that the concept of the H of F (started some years ago by yourselves FPA and probably O SA) was a wonderful initiative that did not deserve to be cheapened by the adding of individuals for the sake of it.
Far from being scrapped, just over 12 months ago the WSF actually spent a considerable amount of money on updating / framing the images you (I think) passed on to us when we took it over(Les's legacy I think). These now adorn the various walls at the club and look impressive.
Let's hope that in a few years time we will be inundated with deserving nominees for inclusion.

Regards

Tony (WSF Chair)
Tony
Just a brief thank-you for your reply. The Hall of Fame was started by the Supporters' Association in 2002 at the suggestion of Mark Griffiths and myself. It had nothing to do with the FPA which I don't think even existed at the time.
Far from "cheapening " the award I believe there are a large number of candidates worthy of admission to the Hall of Fame. I made up a list a while back and will post it as soon as I can find it !
Many thanks again for responding.
Dave