View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 11.54:59   #22-0 (permalink)
Jaded
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sugar Daddies mean security for the Club and its fans. Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
As yours seems to be a genuine question (as opposed to some who have an anal fetish, judging from past replies - you know who you are) the repetition or re-wording is an attempt to prevent the neutrals from being swayed by the utter bollox that some spout about "needing vast sums to get out of this league without which we're doomed!"

FWIW, I gave up two years income in an attempt to prevent this club from falling by the wayside in 2001 and 2002 being a co-founder and first chair of the Trust. My allegiance to the club has been 100% and will remain so to my last breath. I have fewer years remaining than some of those who seek an instant solution to our NL predicament, and it would be very easy to jump on the Sugar Daddy bandwagon if I felt that it would bring a worthwhile and lasting reward for Wrexham AFC and its fans. Instead, I prefer a less risky route than sacrificing security to sup with the type of devil we endured prior to the Trust taking over.

I accept that there will be many who because of their ages have no experience of Wrexham as a real force. With us being one of the top 92 clubs in England and Wales for so many years and recalling so many games where our performances were nearer to the top of that pyramid than the bottom drives me to seek the right solution for the club and its fans. If only every one of you could experience those joys!

Still, those who criticise the Trust's evolution for the club - rising safely, even if slowly - will eventually steer the club in the direction that they feel is right - even if it isn't - unless there's somebody to speak out against them. You may think of my stance as old-fashioned. I have no real concern about that - other than not having seen a viable alternative put forward. Plenty of criticisms offered, but nothing that works in our Club's circumstances.

Old fashioned values will die out as those who hold them die off. You may like what replaces them even less!
Thanks for the reply.

Do you really think people are likely to be swayed by the ‘bollox’, as you put it? For me, I’m seeing more people being concerned by the decline of a once glorious youth system, the failure to fully support our disabled fans with another viewing platform, and the lack of urgency in chasing up lapsed memberships (to give some examples) than by a small minority of people thinking a sugar daddy would guarantee us a 40 goal a season striker.