View Single Post
Old 9th June 2018, 16.01:23   #47-0 (permalink)
pagl
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So how can a club like Macclesfield who actually budgeted for 1300 crowds for season 17-18 out bid a club with near 5000 gates at the time,and just like Wrexham fc we are told they do not have a sugar daddy,also wrexham would have had to pay about £1800 a week to bring in Andy cooke and then it has been mentioned keates would not pay the agents fee,but 3 months later Keates signs him for Walsall.
Its a question of what you believe really. Do I believe Maccy were only paying £250 a week for their squad and then suddenly in Jan they attracted Blissett over us at that wage. hmmmmm. I cannot say for sure but the numbers don't stack up somewhere.

Then there are the unpaid wages which as their Chairman said he had to move money into the club from another account to cover the wages. So which account would that be then the Maccy BTB account or maybe his own personal account where he is actually propping up the club?

As for Cooke then at £1,800 a week I cannot see how we were realistically in for him, can you? Sounds all media talk to me.

Congy is partly right in that its not ALL about money as part of it is how you spend that money as FGR found for a number of years. However we can see with Pearson, Manny, Wedgbury that better players cost more money as BTB was used to bring them in on a higher wage than we would have been able to pay just on our basic budget.

My opinion is that Sam has the right philosophy about having a smaller squad which is better quality and then bringing in 1-2 loan players to then add further quality as needed. That maybe on the GK front or even a forward.

That's just my take on events though.