View Single Post
Old 13th June 2018, 08.08:33   #191-0 (permalink)
Bagger Vance
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
So what would the price per share be?
25% of what figure and therefore how many shares?
What would be the maximum %age 1 person could buy?
Which board would the group get a place on as 25% would seem a big number depending on how many shares?
I assume this would be a non-working board and the WST elected board would still continue?
I assume the shares would pay a dividend like any other share and the assumption would be that as fans we would donate it back to the club?

Personally I think the WAFC operational board needs to have the capital injection - in some way. However your suggestion would seem to address an immediate need for cash, however if used directly on the first team budget and once spent then its gone. I would therefore assume the capital would be used strategically and that is something the WST are currently struggling with.

I think the idea definitely has legs if presented the right way and it didn't go down the community share route which is now totally fked.
Just an idea of structure
Create 2000 shares @ £500 each initial offer price.
Maximum initial offer limited to 200 shares per person although like any share can be traded thereafter.
Maximum 25% share structure for b shares with WST holding 75% a shares.
If the total is not taken up then the 25% b block pro rata down and a shares up.
The 25% block gets one Director in a non executive capacity on the club board, voted for on a 1 share per vote basis.
Ring fence the initial investment with a minimum 50% on football infrastructure projects. 25% on ground and 25% towards capital injection into running costs.